New method improves geolocator data processing
Data from all types of geolocators can be processed more easily and more accurately than previously.
Migration strategies in Common Eiders from Svalbard
Light-level geolocators were deployed on female Common Eiders to track their movements during the non-breeding season.
Diet of Northern Gannet chicks in North Norway
Diet data from several colonies in North Norway confirm the Gannet's opportunistic foraging behaviour with herring, mackerel, sandeel and saithe being the main prey brought to chicks. What can the diet tell us about the Gannet response to climate change?
Declining populations of Long-tailed Duck and Common Eider
Breeding- and winter populations of Common Eider along the Norwegian coast are declining, and the same applies for the winter population of Long-tailed duck. A report points to food shortage as one reason behind the decline.
SEAPOP 2015 annual brochure (PDF)
A summary of important activities and results from 2015.
SEAPOP key document 2005-2014 (PDF)
A summary of the results of the SEAPOP programme and of the changes in the seabird populations.
SEAPOP seminar 2017 (PDF)
Information and preliminary program for the seminar in Bergen 27th and 28th April.
- Diet of Northern Gannet Morus bassanus chicks in North Norway.
- Key winter habitat of the ivory gull Pagophila eburnea in the Canadian Arctic.
- Temporal variation in circulating concentrations of organochlorine pollutants in a pelagic seabird breeding in the high Arctic.
- Upwind or downwind: the spring arrival of Arctic Terns Sterna paradisaea at Troms, north Norway.
- Climate change impacts on wildlife in a High Arctic archipelago – Svalbard, Norway.