PCB eliminated from the body through egg laying
But fat burning during incubation and chick-rearing releases more contaminants to the blood in kittiwakes.
Several thousand seabirds drown in Norwegian fisheries annually
And the depth at which the nets are set affects the number of birds captured.
The Svalbard fauna suffers under climate warming
Within 85 years, Svalbard will have the same climatic conditions that Denmark has today, if the current trend continues.
Punctual terns on the wind
As climate is changing, the initiation of breeding has advanced for several bird species. How will climate change affect the spring arrival of Arctic terns to our coasts?
SEAPOP 2015 annual brochure (PDF)
A summary of important activities and results from 2015.
SEAPOP key document 2005-2014 (PDF)
A summary of the results of the SEAPOP programme and of the changes in the seabird populations.
- Key-site monitoring in Norway 2015, including Svalbard and Jan Mayen.
- Later at higher latitudes: large-scale variability in seabird breeding timing and synchronicity.
- Sjøfugl i Norge 2015. Resultater fra SEAPOP-programmet.
- Modelled drift patterns of fish larvae link coastal morphology to seabird colony distribution.
- Mind the wind: microclimate effects on incubation effort of an arctic seabird.